My research interests are centered around developing numerical approaches for modeling the influences of heterogeneities in rock properties on multi-phase flows in subsurface formations.
- Numerical simulation of multiphase flow and transport mechanisms in heterogeneous and fractured porous media
- Data analytics in reservoir engineering applications
- Optimization and design of heavy oil recovery processes
- Scale-up of recovery processes and heterogeneity
- Uncertainty assessment of reservoir performance due to geology, transport, and scale-up procedures
- History matching and dynamic data integration