Application process and timeline
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis (until March 2022).
The general application process is:
- Applicants will fill in the notice of intent online application form on the FES website.
- Applicants of accepted notices of intent will be invited to submit a full project application form available on the FES website. Full applications will be due within 6 months from the date of the invitation to submit a full proposal (deadline specified at time of invitation).
- Full applications will be assessed by the FES Research Advisory Committee and external reviewers as needed. Applicants will be notified of the decision immediately after the review.
- Successful applicants will be asked to enter their project information into the FES project management platform Forum.
All projects will be assessed on the following criteria.
- The project is within the scope of FES as defined on the FES website.
- The project fits within one of the existing FES research themes.
- The project is of significant benefit to FES (e.g. leverage potential, new partnership, contributes to regulatory policy development or change).
- Applicant must have been appointed as a faculty member at University of Alberta in 2019 or later.
- Applicant can receive up to: $100,000 over 3 years (academic or fiscal) if hired in 2021, $66,000 over 2 years if hired in 2020, and $33,000 over 1 year if hired in 2019.
- Applicant must partner with a researcher who is currently a principal investigator or a co-investigator in FES, and who will co-sign the application. Collaboration is encouraged, but the new faculty member is not required to share funding with the co-signing researcher.