Communication Fundamentals Workshop
- Thursday, February 7, 1:00 - 4:00 PM, 2-31 SAB
- Friday, February 15, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM, 2-31 SAB
Whether it is a research poster, a presentation, a paper, or a networking conversation, every communications activity is guided by the same fundamental principles. In this interactive session you will learn how to select your message, identify and understand your audience, and develop a strategy for communication. Click for more information or to register.
Perfecting the 3-Minute Pitch (attendance required at 3 sessions)
- Monday, February 25, 1:30 - 3:00 PM, 2-31 SAB
- Wednesday, March 6, 1:00 - 4:00 PM, 2-15 SAB
- Monday, March 11, 1:00 - 4:00 PM, 2-31 SAB
Want to develop skills for concisely communicating about your research? Planning to enter a research pitch competition like 3MT or Falling Walls? This training program will walk you through the process of developing, refining, and delivering a 3-minute pitch. Led by students who have were finalists in 3MT and Falling Walls competitions at the University of Alberta. Click for more information or to register.